In a flying visit to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 20 & 21 February 2014, Steve Shellabear from dancing lion delivered a two day course on Competency Assessment to a group of managers and HR professionals.
In this intensive two day programme, delegates covered many topics including:
- how to construct a competency framework
- evaluate their own organizations competency framework for benefits and disadvantages
- identify competency levels and profile new recruits prior to interview
- use competency framework to assess performance, apply the competency framework to training needs analysis
- avoid problems with disciplinary hearings by using competencies
- and prepare for effective succession planning.
Delegates attended from May Bank, AGRO Bank, Dar Petroleum and Suria Capital Holdings. Learning activities included case study review, group exercises and individual coaching.
Feedback from delegates was extremely positive though some said they wanted more time. Steve certainly wanted more time to enjoy Kuala Lumpur. Ah well, next time!
(This course is available as an open course for individuals to attend or as an in-house group run locally. Find out more by visiting: http://www.dancinglion.com/services/human-resources or contact our course coordinator at www.dancing lion.com for more information).